Friday, June 20, 2008

form + internal courtyard design development


This is a sketchup image of the overall form. I wanted something with definition but had to compile the clients spaces within so this was the solution I came up with

Zhang Yin, Traditional Asian




Steve Jobs, Bold Romantic



Unreal Top view perspective


I designed according to the research I'd conducted on the clients. I gave Zhang Yin nine adjoining rooms based around four internal courtyards, I've included some images of traditonal Asian gardens to envision what I mean. Steve Jobs office is split into three compartments, each of the three spaces being for apple, pixar and disney - triangulated around a single central courtyard. I pulled up a book from the library called 'bold romantic gardens'. I think this style of graden is what Jobs would like, judging by his love for the highly romanticised Ansel Adams photographs. Why did I decide to incoporate internal courtyards? Because these are private offices, spaces not only for work but for I imagine contemplation as well. Gardens provide a whole new dimension to spaces, they can provide links for rooms and can also be quite personally expressive.

No comments: